- Covid, a Bergamo 138 nuovi casi, indice di contagio ancora in calo 30 novembre 2020L’incidenza dei tamponi è dell’11,2%. La prima domenica di zona arancione in Lombardia
- Coronavirus a Bergamo: Covid hotel, Muratella banco di prova (con Malinowskyi ospite) 30 novembre 2020Arrivano più pazienti dagli ospedali e le strutture cambiano per aumentare l’assistenza sanitaria
- L’Atalanta spreca, beffata dal Verona che vince 2-0|Foto 30 novembre 2020Una vittoria nelle ultime sei partite in campionato per i nerazzurri. I gol di Veloso su rigore al 62’ e di Zaccagni all’83’. La squadra di Gasp sconfitta dall’allievo Juric
- Coronavirus a Bergamo, il dibattito: «La montagna non è solo sci». «No, è essenziale» 30 novembre 2020Chi spinge per riaprire gli impianti e chi sostiene che non sia essenziale
- Bergamo, è morto il professor Tancredi Bianchi, una vita per l’economia e l’università 28 novembre 2020Dalla Sapienza alla Bocconi, aveva insegnato in diversi atenei. All’attività accademica aveva unito l’impegno nelle amministrazioni di istituti bancari e società. I funerali lunedì
- Cassani: "Ganna tris a Tokyo, ma ora dobbiamo salvare i giovani" 30 novembre 2020Cassani: "Ganna tris a Tokyo, ma ora dobbiamo salvare i giovani" Il c.t azzurro: "Per Filippo prova in linea, cronometro e quartetto". A rischio 300 ragazzi: "Nascono le squadre degli isolati nei comitati regionali"
- Coppa del Mondo di cross: l’iridata jr Van Anrooij gravemente ferita da freno a disco 29 novembre 2020Coppa del Mondo di cross: l’iridata jr Van Anrooij gravemente ferita da freno a disco Caduta in partenza della prova femminile a Tabor, nella Repubblica Ceca. L’olandese, che corre su strada per la Trek-Segafredo, ha 18 anni: lesione all’avambraccio, subito operata. Il suo tecnico Nys: “Mai visto un taglio così”
- Con Van Aert e Van der Poel la strada vincente parte dal cross 29 novembre 2020Con Van Aert e Van der Poel la strada vincente parte dal cross Il belga re della Sanremo ha aperto la stagione invernale: terzo. A Natale la sfida con l’olandese, primo al Fiandre
- Marchand, 109 anni e primatista dell'Ora dei centenari, scrive a Macron: "Più libertà per la bici" 28 novembre 2020Marchand, 109 anni e primatista dell'Ora dei centenari, scrive a Macron: "Più libertà per la bici" Personaggio unico e amatissimo in Francia, Marchand ha fatto 22,547 km nel 2017. La sua lettera al presidente della Repubblica: "Lo sport, e credo di esserne la prova vivente, è un antidoto alle malattie e un fattore di buona […]
Dusky Moorhen (size: 35 - 40 cm) by G. Miles; Dusky Moorhen and chicks by Marj K. What Is It? Brisbane Botanic Gardens, Mount Coot-tha, Queensland, Australia. We have found them to be very cautious birds but still happy to come up for a feed each morning and evening. What To Observe; When and Where; More Information; Dusky Moorhen Gallinula tenebrosa. With help it has soon been reunited with mum, dad and siblings. Nesting Dusky Moorhens Whilst driving down his driveway, Peter Theilemann, a Land for Wildlife member at Calvert, noticed a perfectly constructed nest in a clump of sedges. © Copyright 2018 - Best Bird Photos Australia | Website Design by, https://galleries.mmpi.biz/Galleries/Birds/Australian-Birds-By-Species/Dusky-Moorhen/i-TGfdpwn/A, https://www.facebook.com/Photos-by-Wanda-299414960238272/, What Camera Gear to buy for Bird Photography, How to Get Your Garden Bursting With Birdlife, Ryan Caswell - Digital Marketing Strategist. The birds shown in these photos were swimming in one of the ponds in Adelaide Zoo. They often live alongside birds in the same genus, such as the Tasmanian nativehen and the common moorhen. Bill and forehead shield are primarily red with a yellow tip. Required fields are marked *. There just happened to be a female Dusky Moorhen sitting on her nest. Don't worry we hate spam, and we promise to only send out emails worth reading. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Over the weeks and months they grew nicely. It has a red bill with a yellow tip and a red facial shield. Nikon D500 + Nikon 200-500mm f/5.6 1/640sec | f/8 | ISO 800 | 750 mm (effective focal length), Stopped in a park in Gympie Queensland and there were lots of birds. Over the next few days, her eggs hatched and the little chicks started learning the survival ropes. Property Profile: Pioneering Conservation near Childers, Looking back on 17 years of Land for Wildlife South East Queensland. Occasionally the neighbour’s cattle would walk through the creek and the Dusky Moorhen mother-to-be would successfully chase them off. Each day he would drive past and she would be glued to her nest. Juvenile Dusky Moorhen just starting to look like an adult; note the inconspicous colours of the bill and the absence of a facial shield (in the foreground a juvenile Australasian Grebe) [ Narrabri Lake, NSW, March 2011] Near-frontal view of a juvenile Dusky Moorhen [ Mother of … Eventually I guess they will move on , but hopefully we will watch another family next year. We have been lucky enough to observe a family of Dusky Moorhens growing up in the reasonable safety of our dam. When we first spotted them there were 7 tiny black chicks plus mum and dad. Description The Dusky Moorhen is a medium-sized, dark grey-black water bird with a white undertail. Nikon D500 + Nikon 200-500mm f/5.6 1/640sec | f/8 | ISO 800 | 750 mm (effective focal length) Stephani Grove, Land for Wildlife Officer, Ipswich City Council. One day she happened to be out feeding so Peter took a sneaky look in her nest, very excited, he saw a clutch of six mottled eggs. Learn about Australian birds and see what it takes to get the number one bird photos! Dusky Moorhens swimming in the lake. Your email address will not be published. Like what you see here? Unsubscribe any time! Your email address will not be published. Juvenile and non-breeding adult may be confused with other species due to their less colorful bills, which may appear primarily dark. It has been a great journey for Peter and a challenge to sneak up to the nest without disturbing the moorhens to take these photos. She caught him red-handed and came screaming towards him, so fast it looked like she was treading water. One thing we observed was that once the chicks started coming on to the bank to feed . There just happened to be a female Dusky Moorhen sitting on her nest. Dusky Moorhen One of our common water birds here in Australia is the Dusky Moorhen, shown in the photos on this post. As the dam is close to our front door we are quickly alerted to any danger and have on occasion had to intervene when a chick has gotten scared and scattered only to find itself lost. One parent would have a couple of chicks with it , whilst the other stayed in the reeds with the remaining chicks. Taken with Canon 80D, Get better wildlife photos with a Photographic Hide. Occurs in a wide variety of wetland habitats and is a … The Dusky Moorhen Gallinula tenebrosa is a member of the rail family (Rallidae), a huge group of both land and water birds that are often among the first species to occupy islands. It occurs in India, Australia, New Guinea, Borneo and Indonesia. Unfortunately only one chick has survived. Appearance. Subscribe to hear about more cool stuff and any upcoming competitions and other cool stuff. This species is found throughout eastern and southern Australia, as well as south western Australia. It is often confused with the purple swamphen and the Eurasian coot due to similar appearance and overlapping distributions. Whilst driving down his driveway, Peter Theilemann, a Land for Wildlife member at Calvert, noticed a perfectly constructed nest in a clump of sedges. Colour: Dark grey to black with a yellow-tipped red bill, red frontal shield, red legs, white undertails. Dusky Moorhen (Gallinula tenebrosa) chick swimming on a pond. Young birds are much duller and browner than adults, with a greenish bill and face shield. Sadly they’re often the first to be exterminated by humans when they eventually get there. Dusky Moorhen (Gallinula tenebrosa) chick swimming on a pond. Pete is aware of large eels in the waterway and he is sure that at least one of the chicks fell victim to these eels. Brisbane Botanic Gardens, Mount Coot-tha, Queensland, Australia. The dusky moorhen (Gallinula tenebrosa) is a bird species in the rail family and is one of the eight extant species in the moorhen genus. Full list of Australian birds and images from leading bird and wildlife photographers. All but two surviving wedge-tails , hawks and other predators as well as living close to a major highway. Dark waterhen with white edges to the under tail. Each day he would drive past and she would be glued to her nest.