- Covid, a Bergamo 138 nuovi casi, indice di contagio ancora in calo 30 novembre 2020L’incidenza dei tamponi è dell’11,2%. La prima domenica di zona arancione in Lombardia
- Coronavirus a Bergamo: Covid hotel, Muratella banco di prova (con Malinowskyi ospite) 30 novembre 2020Arrivano più pazienti dagli ospedali e le strutture cambiano per aumentare l’assistenza sanitaria
- L’Atalanta spreca, beffata dal Verona che vince 2-0|Foto 30 novembre 2020Una vittoria nelle ultime sei partite in campionato per i nerazzurri. I gol di Veloso su rigore al 62’ e di Zaccagni all’83’. La squadra di Gasp sconfitta dall’allievo Juric
- Coronavirus a Bergamo, il dibattito: «La montagna non è solo sci». «No, è essenziale» 30 novembre 2020Chi spinge per riaprire gli impianti e chi sostiene che non sia essenziale
- Bergamo, è morto il professor Tancredi Bianchi, una vita per l’economia e l’università 28 novembre 2020Dalla Sapienza alla Bocconi, aveva insegnato in diversi atenei. All’attività accademica aveva unito l’impegno nelle amministrazioni di istituti bancari e società. I funerali lunedì
- Cassani: "Ganna tris a Tokyo, ma ora dobbiamo salvare i giovani" 30 novembre 2020Cassani: "Ganna tris a Tokyo, ma ora dobbiamo salvare i giovani" Il c.t azzurro: "Per Filippo prova in linea, cronometro e quartetto". A rischio 300 ragazzi: "Nascono le squadre degli isolati nei comitati regionali"
- Coppa del Mondo di cross: l’iridata jr Van Anrooij gravemente ferita da freno a disco 29 novembre 2020Coppa del Mondo di cross: l’iridata jr Van Anrooij gravemente ferita da freno a disco Caduta in partenza della prova femminile a Tabor, nella Repubblica Ceca. L’olandese, che corre su strada per la Trek-Segafredo, ha 18 anni: lesione all’avambraccio, subito operata. Il suo tecnico Nys: “Mai visto un taglio così”
- Con Van Aert e Van der Poel la strada vincente parte dal cross 29 novembre 2020Con Van Aert e Van der Poel la strada vincente parte dal cross Il belga re della Sanremo ha aperto la stagione invernale: terzo. A Natale la sfida con l’olandese, primo al Fiandre
- Marchand, 109 anni e primatista dell'Ora dei centenari, scrive a Macron: "Più libertà per la bici" 28 novembre 2020Marchand, 109 anni e primatista dell'Ora dei centenari, scrive a Macron: "Più libertà per la bici" Personaggio unico e amatissimo in Francia, Marchand ha fatto 22,547 km nel 2017. La sua lettera al presidente della Repubblica: "Lo sport, e credo di esserne la prova vivente, è un antidoto alle malattie e un fattore di buona […]
One of the best parts of fermented ketchup, besides the superior taste, is that it can be made from your own homemade canned tomato paste, so you can make a small batch as often as it is demanded. If you are keen on saving space and getting the biggest bite out of your tomatoes, tomato paste is the way to go. 50 jars of salsa sounds about right, doesn’t it?! For more information on growing vegetables, please click here. However, most dried tomatoes will have remnants of moisture that will permit mold to develop. However, if you have perfectly ripe tomatoes that you just don’t have time to use at that moment, you can store them in the fridge. To give them more exciting flavor, you also have the option of cutting them in half, sprinkling with your favorite spices and roasting them before freezing. Open-pollinated plants are more genetically diverse, meaning there is a greater amount of diversity among the plant populations. If you’ve been diligent about bottling your homemade ketchup, then you can make a small batch of barbecue sauce fast. Perfect for a surprise element in salads or tucked away in sandwiches. Use them in soups and stews, adding them iced as they are. Your email will not be published. Green tomatoes can be used to make chutney, pickles, ketchup, and other preserves. Most commonly, people will reach for a freezer bag to contain the food, though that is not the only option. Remove the stem, core and any bad spots from the tomato. The temperatures have to be high enough too. You have nothing to lose, and all the jars of tomato sauce, tomato juice and tomato soup to gain. How To Make and Can Tomato Juice – What To Do and What NOT To Do! Though in the storing of any foodstuff, diversity is best, so mix up your frozen tomatoes with canned and dehydrated ones, if you are able to. Same as above – this sauce is loved by kids of all ages. Gather your fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapeños, green chilies, cilantro, apple cider vinegar and spices – and get to work! Let the jar dry. Other articles that may interest you…………. Line a cardboard box with newspaper and then place the tomatoes in a single layer on the paper with the stem end facing down. Sauces, for instance, are easy to store in glass jars. Learn how to pickle cherry tomatoes for either short-term (two months in the fridge) or long-term pantry storage. Healthy, and clean tomatoes with split skins should be enjoyed as a bonus for the gardener or used in cooking on the day of harvest. There are a few ways to go about freezing your crop of tomatoes. If you are looking to increase your self-reliant kitchen skills, try this fail-proof recipe of fermented cherry tomato bombs and see what happens. Avoid keeping bananas and ripe fruit near to your vases of cut flowers, as the ethylene the fruit releases will also cause your flowers to fade more rapidly. Green tomatoes require a different storage approach to ripen. Lacto-fermenting takes your tomatoes to another flavor profile that may be new to you, though I encourage you to experiment with it, for all ferments are supporting your gut-health. Try it. Chilled tomatoes will start to dehydrate, so kiss that juicy tomato slice goodbye. For more tips and tricks for growing tomatoes, please click here. Or you could just sneak a spoonful straight from the jar. Store-bought tomato sauces pale in comparison to homemade, though you will have to try it to find out. There are several easy ways to can salsa, so instead of deciding on just one recipe, try a few. Turn to powders of all sorts. If your tomatoes are particularly prone to splitting, to prevent further casualties, take care not to store multiple layers of tomatoes above each other. Thankfully, it has been warm and dry this week, so the disease won’t be spreading as rapidly. A Request to Leave Your Autumn Leaves Alone, Protecting your Plants from Slugs and Snails, Gardening Advice for Mid-October to Mid-November, Making the Most of Bare Root Planting Opportunities, Jonathan Hogarth’s Hosta Care Guide for Summer and Autumn, Garden Advice for Mid-November – Mid-December, Delightfully Fragrant Roses to Plant this Winter, Jackie Currie, Alliums, and the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show 2017, Planting List for Terrariums and Bottle Gardens, Mini Miniature Orchids for Terrariums, Vivariums, and Bottle Gardens, Felco Model No.12 Compact Deluxe Secateurs, More ways to use less plastic in the garden, An Update from my Wildlife Pond in Autumn, RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show 2017, Kate Gould, Keith Chapman, and the City Living Garden, W & S Lockyer Auricula Specialists win Gold at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2018, BiOrbAir Review – Growing Miniature Orchids in the BiOrbAir, David Neale, Award Winning Garden Designer, Sterilising Cork and Looking Out for Alien Insect Species, Burgon & Ball Container Root & Transplanting Knife, The People Behind The Morgan Stanley Healthy Cities Garden. If your tomatoes have been affected by Late Blight, bin or burn any tomatoes and leaves that you’ve removed so far. Giving you more time to prepare your tomatoes in interesting ways for drying and storing. Every few days (or once a week), I would gather up the red tomatoes, and consolidate and re-sort the others. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. If like me, you’re going to try and keep some of your tomato plants going, it really is important to wash your hands and sterilise any tools you’re using before you move on to your next tomato plant. Perhaps cold storage is a good thing, but only for a few days. Put a spoonful of chutney on your sandwich, let it accompany grilled pork chops or a baked roast, add it to a bowl and serve it with aged cheeses and sliced sausage/meats. Don’t store your green or ripe tomatoes in the fridge, but rather in a paper bag or cardboard box lined with paper towel or newspaper, in a cool, but not cold environment, preferably between 55°F and 70°F, away from heat sources or direct sunlight. 4. Pour it over your chicken parmesan or chicken cacciatore. Open-pollinated tomatoes include all heirloom varieties. It especially becomes important in summer, when grilling season starts. Here’s a bowl of tomatoes harvested from the plants in my garden. It's an interesting idea, but further research needs to be done to figure out exactly how to store tomatoes best. Bananas, pears and apples make other fruits ripen faster and should not be stored together. I’ve also ripened tomatoes in cardboard boxes and in thick paper bags, using the same principle; again the darkness and the contained and restricted space hastens ripening. Vinegar is an essential ingredient of commercially prepared ketchup, though you’ll find a mere 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar in lacto-fermented ketchup. I believe it is best to have several jars of both, since you can add spices later if you wish, but you can’t take them away if you are seeking something plain.